The “Stories from the Field” virtual event by the Blackfoot Challenge on April 14 not only offers some great information, but some pretty cool prizes as well.
The event runs 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM and just for registering you’re eligible for a raffle that includes: 10 pounds of Blackfoot Conservation Beef from Iverson Family Ranch, a sweet KettleHouse Brewing Company swag basket, a Blackfoot Challenge swag basket, or $100 worth of gift certificates to Blackfoot watershed restaurants.
There’s more, reports the Challenge: Stop by KettleHouse’s Bonner or Myrtle Street taproom on the day of the event and show your registration for HALF OFF a growler fill to enjoy during the show!
Challenge projects and activities covered during the April 14 event will include:
– How prescribed fire is being used to improve forest health
– A trumpeter swan’s journey of survival in the Blackfoot and beyond
– Innovations in using electricity to reduce conflicts with carnivores
– How drones are helping in the fight against weeds like cheatgrass
– Designing a stewardship plan that works for both cows and fish
– How beavers can help increase stream health and drought resilience.