The Montana Association of Land Trusts congratulates Becky and Denny Anderson, who live in the upper Miller Creek area of Missoula County, for receiving the 2020 Missoula County Land Stewardship Award.
Becky and Denny recently received the award during a celebration at an outdoor ceremony in the Miller Creek area. The Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation nominated the Andersons, and RMEF holds a conservation easement on the property. The Missoula County Community & Planning Services Newsletter also reports that:
The Anderson’s significant land steward practices include:
• Protecting their legacy through a 207-acre conservation easement on their land that conserves open space for fish and wildlife habitat, protecting water quality and conserving a working ranch, farmland, or forest.
• Working with partners (Clark Fork Coalition and others) to re-establish the stream channel and streambanks to a natural winding path and to restore wetlands.
• Planting of thousands of trees and shrubs in riparian area to stabilize stream banks and fencing the area to protect it from grazing.
• Maintaining highly productive farmland in a working ranch for hay production and pasture.
• Maintaining forest health in their timberlands.
Congratulations to Becky and Denny for the recognition of their conservation efforts and accomplishments.